Experimentation/ problems to be solved

Since I wanted to do a bag and obviously aware that between 94 students there is a high chance of other tote bags to be sold, I tried to make it a bit different.

Most of the times tote bags are not made of good material and that they are open from the top. I tried to explore if there could be a chance to make my artefact appealing as an object, not considering the illustration.

The bags I bought are black (not the usual organic colour) and at the first I tried to put a zip in order to close the bags. Unfortunately the zip does not look professional if sowed by hands.

So I tried something else instead: buttons and metal clips buttons. The button look great, however in order to make the hole in the other side it requires  a lot of stitching need to be done and preferable with a proper machine so I decided to use the clipping buttons.

 

.IMG_4905

IMG_4906

 

IMG_4908

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: